Enhancing Website Accessibility
To improve the user experience, Bradley International Airport now provides accessibility and language support on our website, www.bradleyairport.com. Visitors to the website can now customize their experience through a range of tools by activating the “Recite Me Toolbar.”
The toolbar displays a range of different options for customizing the way the website looks and how users interact with the content. For example, visitors can choose from a range of features including translation into over 100 languages, text-to-speech functionality, reading aids, and styling options. This includes adjustments to color, font type, and size. With the introduction of the tool, visitors can now view content in a way that works best for them. The tool was rolled out as part of a broader refresh of the website, which has created an overall more user-friendly experience.
How do I access the toolbar?
To open the toolbar, click on the Language & Accessibility button located in the top right corner of any page on the BDL website.
- Back: Rewind to the previous paragraph of text
- Play: Click the Play button to read the text aloud
- Forward: Skip forward to the next paragraph of text
- Download Audio: Highlight the text then click the button to download text as an audio file
Styling & Customization
Customize the website’s color scheme, as well as the text, font style, size, color, and spacing.
- Decrease: Decrease the text size
- Font: Change the font that displays on the page
- Increase: Increase the text size
- Color: Change the background, text, and link colors
- Text Mode: Remove images and view in plain text-mode
- Language: Translate text into a different language
- Ruler: Enable the reading ruler
- Screen Mask: Creates a letterbox for focused viewing of a section of the page
- Dictionary: Find the definition of a highlighted word
- Margins: Change the text dimensions by narrowing the width of the text column
- Magnifier: Click and drag the magnifying glass to magnify text on the screen
- Settings: Adjust your Recite settings
- Reset: This will restore the default settings
- User Guide: Will give you an overview of the toolbar features
For more information about the new tool, click here.
To learn more about airport accessibility, click here. Bradley International Airport also offers a free visual interpretation service and was the first New England airport to introduce the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Program.
Bradley International Airport (BDL) invites you to love the journey at New England's second-largest airport. Recognized nationally by leading travel publications for its ease of travel, Bradley International Airport is ready to welcome you with new nonstops, expanded services, and convenient travel. The award-winning airport is operated by the Connecticut Airport Authority, and its operations are entirely self-funded. The airport contributes nearly $3.6 billion to the regional economy.
*Some nonstop flights may operate only during certain time periods of the year (seasonally). For the latest flight information, please visit the airline's website.