Bradley International Airport is Ready for A Unique Holiday Travel Season
Passengers to be Greeted with Safety Precautions, Advised to Travel Prepared
Windsor Locks, CT – November 17, 2020 – With the holiday season approaching, the Connecticut Airport Authority (CAA) is committed to keeping passengers at Bradley International Airport safe and encourages those traveling this Thanksgiving holiday and in the weeks ahead to come to the airport prepared.
“While holiday travel is not anticipated to reach the levels of prior years, we have strong safety precautions in place to ensure the continued wellbeing of our passengers and the airport community,” said Kevin A. Dillon, A.A.E., Executive Director of the CAA. “Certainly, traveling through Bradley International Airport this holiday season will not be the same this year. We ask passengers to plan ahead as much as possible and prepare themselves for what will be a different type of journey.”
Specifically, here is what passengers can expect at Bradley International Airport this Thanksgiving and during the remainder of the holiday season:
- Face Covering Mandate
- For everyone’s safety, all passengers, employees and visitors are required to wear face coverings while at the airport.
- Passengers are reminded to bring a face covering with them when traveling.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Safety Measures
- A significant emphasis has been placed on added cleaning protocols in high-touchpoint areas of the terminal. Plexiglass shield barriers and physical distancing reminders are also in place.
- Passengers are asked to maintain a safe physical distance from other individuals as much as possible while in the terminal.
- On-Site COVID-19 Testing Availability
- On-site COVID-19 testing is available in baggage claim for those wishing to utilize the service.
- Passengers interested in taking a test after their arrival at the airport, can find more information on the airport’s website and are strongly encouraged to pre-register through the lab administering the testing.
- Adjustments to Parking Operations
- In response to current demand, parking at the airport has been consolidated, with parking available in the garage at a special, reduced daily rate of $8.
- Passengers can learn more on this website.
- Dining and Shopping Amenities
- To ensure everyone’s wellbeing, only a select number of concession and retail locations are currently open and those open are operating with new safety measures in place.
- Passengers can find more information about the status of certain restaurants/shops on the airport’s website.
Additionally, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the airport’s airline partners have also implemented new safety procedures and passengers are strongly encouraged to review those as well before coming to the airport.
Finally, as we all work together to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19, passengers should consider following these tips and precautions:
- When possible, use a mobile boarding pass.
- Consider traveling with carry-on luggage only to help eliminate further touchpoints.
- Follow CDC-issued guidelines when traveling, such as washing hands frequently – and consider bringing hand sanitizer with you.
- Pay particular attention to overhead announcements and airport signage, as new signage and announcements have been added in response to COVID-19 and can vary from airport to airport.
- Review guidelines issued by authorities at your final destination.
Family and friends who are picking up passengers from Bradley International Airport during the Thanksgiving holiday week are encouraged to use the Cell Phone Waiting Lot located on Light Lane while waiting for passengers to arrive and retrieve any luggage. Parking in the Cell Phone Waiting lot is free.
For information about Connecticut’s travel advisory, and respective guidelines, passengers should visit: https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus/travel Representatives from the Connecticut Department of Public Health are also on-site at Bradley Airport to provide assistance with travel forms and answer related questions.
Information about all of Bradley International Airport’s safety measures in response to COVID-19, is available at www.BDLcares.com.
About Bradley International Airport
Bradley International Airport (BDL) is the second-largest airport in New England. We want our passengers to “Love the Journey” at Bradley International Airport, and we proudly offer nonstop access to many popular destinations. Recent terminal enhancements and new amenities have enhanced the travel experience, and Condé Nast Traveler has recognized BDL within the top ten best U.S. airports for four consecutive years. Bradley International Airport is operated by the Connecticut Airport Authority, and its operations are entirely self-funded. The airport contributes nearly $3.6 billion to the regional economy. For more info, visit www.flybdl.org.
About The Connecticut Airport Authority
The CAA was established in 2011 to develop, improve, and operate Bradley International Airport and the state’s five general aviation airports (Danielson, Groton-New London, Hartford-Brainard, Waterbury-Oxford, and Windham). The CAA Board consists of 11 members with a broad spectrum of experience in aviation-related and other industries, as well as government. The goal of the CAA is to make Connecticut’s airports more attractive to new airlines, bring in new routes, and support Connecticut’s overall economic development and growth strategy.
read more articles...