Bradley International Airport Looks Forward to Welcoming Passengers During Busy Thanksgiving Travel Period
Passengers Are Advised to Plan Ahead and Allow Extra Time
WINDSOR LOCKS, CONNECTICUT – November 25, 2019 – Bradley International Airport will experience a very heavy travel period from November 25th until December 1st due to the Thanksgiving holiday. The busiest travel days will be Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Kevin A. Dillon, A.A.E., Executive Director of the Connecticut Airport Authority, advises that Bradley International Airport passengers should be aware and plan accordingly.
“This is an exciting time of the year at Bradley International Airport. The Thanksgiving holiday marks one of our busiest travel periods and officially kicks off the busy holiday travel season. We thank our passengers for choosing Bradley for their holiday travel and we look forward to welcoming and assisting them with an enjoyable travel experience,” said Dillon. “Due to the higher volume of activity, we are encouraging passengers to plan ahead and give themselves extra time for their journey through the airport.”
Passengers traveling domestically are advised to allow themselves at least 90 minutes for check-in with their respective airlines and the TSA screening. Those traveling internationally should give themselves three hours.
Additionally, to help navigate the journey quickly and smoothly, passengers are encouraged to follow these tips during this peak travel period:
- Check and confirm the status of your flight with your airline prior to your departure for the airport.
- Check in online with the airline and bring a printed boarding pass to the airport.
- Visit www.flybdl.org to familiarize yourself with Bradley’s parking options and terminal facilities. Garage and parking lot availability can now be viewed on the website.
- Speed up the screening process by reviewing the TSA screening guidelines ahead of time. For more information, visit www.tsa.gov.
- For up-to-date information about the status of your flight on the day of travel, please visit www.flybdl.org.
The Connecticut Airport Authority is also reminding passengers that the Route 20 roadway access to Bradley International Airport has changed and all inbound traffic is now entering the airport through the open modern roundabout.
Family and friends who are picking up passengers from Bradley International Airport during the Thanksgiving holiday week are encouraged to use the Cell Phone Waiting Lot located on Light Lane while waiting for the passenger (s) to arrive and retrieve any luggage. Parking in the Cell Phone Waiting lot is free.
read more articles...