What to Expect When Traveling Through BDL
When the time is right for you to travel, we are prepared for your arrival. What you will find is a different type of journey, but the same caring "Bradley" experience. Here are some of the things you can expect to see as we work on keeping you and our airport community safe:
All passengers, visitors and employees are required to wear a face covering while at BDL.
We have increased the frequency of our cleaning and sanitization efforts in all high-traffic and high-touchpoint areas.
Introduction of "Physical Distancing" Signage
To remind everyone to maintain a safe distance from other individuals, we are installing floor markings and other graphics throughout the terminal.
Updates to TSA Procedures
The TSA is allowing a liquid hand sanitizer container up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice. Passengers can expect that these containers will need to be screened separately.
New Measures at our Restaurants & Shops
Our sit-down restaurants are preparing to reopen gradually with modified seating and added cleaning protocols. Take-out options continue to be available with new physical distancing and protective measures in place.
New Airline Procedures
Addition of Hand Sanitizer Stations
Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the terminal to make them readily accessible for you.
New Overhead Announcements
A new message has been added to "maintain a safe physical distance."
As a further precaution, plastic shields are being installed at customer interaction points.
Travel Tips on Digital Signage
Messaging on our digital monitors now features tips for safe traveling.
What you can do as we work together to keep you and our airport community safe:
- Please follow CDC guidelines for best practices to stay healthy when traveling. For more info, click here.
- Face coverings are now required at Bradley International Airport. Please remember to bring one with you.
- Contact your airline to confirm the status of your flight and any potential changes before you come to the airport.
- Use your mobile device to check in for your flight.
- Consider bringing hand sanitizer with you. The TSA is allowing a liquid hand sanitizer container up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice.
- If you are being picked-up by someone, consider having them wait for you in our free cell phone lot and meet you at the curb instead of them coming inside the terminal.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we will be adjusting our response accordingly.
Need more information?